Piazza Giuseppe Garibaldi, 1
43015 – Noceto (PR)
Since December 2005 the 13th-century fortress of Noceto is also known as the “Castle of Music”. Among other things, it hosts the Bruno Slawitz Museum of Vintage Records and the permanent exhibition of luthierie tools of the master luthier Renato Scrollavezza.
The earliest news about the Noceto fortress dates back to 1266. For centuries it was owned by the Counts of Sanvitale, the feudal lords of Noceto, and was the administrative centre of their jurisdiction until 1805. At the time the building housed a courthouse, the jail, the podestà’s home and the local militia. The fortress became public property in the early 20th century, and it is currently owned by the municipality of Noceto.