Via Vittorio Veneto 1/a
48012 Bagnacavallo RA
The former convent of the Capuchin Poor Clares, a 16th century compound that was extensively restored in the 18th century, was purchased by the municipality in the early 1970s and currently houses the Multi-Purpose Cultural Centre.
The Centre itself includes the municipal library and archives, as well as several museum sections featuring modern and ancient art collections, a natural history collection, and a small collection of stone fragments of archaeological interest from a Roman necropolis first explored in 1954. The section on ancient art features paintings and other furnishings from local churches and convents that were suppressed during Napoleon’s rule, from charity and public assistance institutes, and from donations and bequeathments.