Via Don Giovanni Minzoni, 14
The Morandi Museum, temporary housed in MAMbo – Bologna Museum of Modern Art, hosts the largest and most remarkable public collection dedicated to Giorgio Morandi (Bologna 1890-1964). The collection was established thanks to a major donation from the artist’s sister Maria Teresa, which added to a large body of works already held by the Bologna Modern Art Gallery. The Museum’s holdings are increased by works from private collections that have been generously granted on temporary loans. The museum’s halls trace all the phases and techniques of the Master’s artistic career. The museum promotes a temporary exhibitions programme, which aims to compare and contrast Morandi’s activity with that of other leading 20th century artists. It also collaborates with important institutions in Italy and abroad to promote Morandi’s work.